[IPk] bad sites

Over the last year or so I have been experiencing more frequent bad sites.
Insulin usage up by 20% or so on day one, then I start to twig and change
the set. This has got worst, from 1 in 20 to 1 in 10 to 1 in 5 bad sites.

In my case an interesting thing has happened.

I switched to the mio sets from quick sets. Bingo back to 1 in 20 again.
Woww.

Spoke to Medtronic and they said the cannula was the same material and same
length, in my case 9mm. so nothing different there.

The oinly difference is the mio self-contained insertion device. This is
used once and is part of the set. (Now I thought that was wasteful). It
seems the spring in my quick set inserter had got weak over time and the
device wasn't pushing the cannula deep enough, maybe some tough tissue to
get through. Anyway the mio inserter is much stronger. The Medtronic people
said you should change the blue quick set inserter once a year, now I must
have missed that as I have used the same one for four years now.

Cheers

Ben