Re: [IPk] diet

Hi Sandie

I'd say I'm free to eat when I am hungry and that's the biggest
difference. I have heard of people who go on a pump and feel hunger,
actual physical hunger, for the first time since diagnosis. I think I
remember having that happen when I'd been on a pump for a few months
and developed the confidence to try having my lunch at a different
time of day from usual.

Of course, the advent of Lantus and the switch away from isophane may
mean a lot of people on MDI today have more flexibility than I did
before I got a pump, but I have met a fair number of people on Lantus
who say they stick to pretty defined eating times.

Melissa
Type 1 18+ years; pumper 15.5+ years