Re: [IPk] was I hate my pump, now What do you record and why?

Hi Michelle,

I have a onetouch ultrasmart meter which records all readings and gives
averages over 7/14/30/60/90 days, it'll even do graphs on screen for you.  it
is better when downloaded to PC as you can do pie charts etc, but it may be
good enough for what you want without any writing down.... I love it!
Do you find you have to do a lot of corrections?  I hardly ever do - and don't
use anything on the pump except to tell it how much to bolus and if I want to
set temp basal.  I recently had to use the % basal for the first time as I
mysteriously had to set it down to 67% to stop hypos for no good reason, but
before that I was using the absolute temp values.  It was just easier as I
wanted to run it at temp for 24hrs and have 8 different daily rates.

I also found that the % temp isn't very accurate as it rounds down to the
nearest .05u/h even though on the MM515 you can set temp in 1% increments ie
.20 became .10 at 67%...

With every good wish,

Iain.
T1 Essex, UK.
minimed 515 pump
Current A1C Feb 2012 5.5.

Help diabetics to reach their full potential through athletic endeavours:
http://www.insulindependence.org