Re: [IPk] NICE guidelines (was Naive question)

In message <email @ redacted>, Sarah
<email @ redacted> writes
>Has anyone had trouble getting their consultant/DSN to support a request for
>funding? Mine say that I won't qualify because I never went on glargine
>(though when I asked to try it last summer there were delays in it being
>released in the UK and when I asked about again later in the year I was
>advised against it because splitting my insulatard had shown that I
>definitely needed a different background level during the day from during
>the night). The other reason for me not qualifying was because my HbA1c on
>MDI was not >8.0 so I had the pleasure of pointing out that a) it was and b)
>the guideline is 7.5 :)
>Anyone had any success in this department?

I'd write to your doctor, asking to see the copy of the notes he made
about his advice _not_ to put you on glargine last year.  If it was
right not to do it then, it's almost certainly right not to do it now.

Best wishes,

IDDM 30+, 508 1+)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)