Re: [IPk] NICE guidelines (was Naive question)

In message <email @ redacted>, Sarah
<email @ redacted> writes
>Has anyone had trouble getting their consultant/DSN to support a request for
>funding? Mine say that I won't qualify because I never went on glargine
>(though when I asked to try it last summer there were delays in it being
>released in the UK and when I asked about again later in the year I was
>advised against it because splitting my insulatard had shown that I
>definitely needed a different background level during the day from during
>the night). The other reason for me not qualifying was because my HbA1c on
>MDI was not >8.0 so I had the pleasure of pointing out that a) it was and b)
>the guideline is 7.5 :)
>Anyone had any success in this department?

I'd write to your doctor, asking to see the copy of the notes he made
about his advice _not_ to put you on glargine last year.  If it was
right not to do it then, it's almost certainly right not to do it now.

Best wishes,

Pat
IDDM 30+, 508 1+)

--