Re: [IPk] Re: identity bracelet

My Medic-Alert bracelet has:
          DIABETES
          EXTERNAL
        INSULIN PUMP
      ALLERGIC TO SULFA
           CECLOR
      [8-digit member #]

As the bracelet is roughly the shape of a 2-dimensional American football
(oval with pointy ends), that was the writing my diabetes educator and I
figured would fit. It's fine. If I could do it again, I might try for the
phrase 'insulin infusion pump', but I'm not that bothered right now. As I
got the bracelet a few years ago, it might be worth it to contact
Medic-Alert to see if they recommend specific wording for pumpers these
days.

Not to put in a big plug for Medic-Alert, but do like having the phone
number that someone can call for more info and the stylized caduceus emblem
on the bracelet. No confusion about whether it's just decorative (though I
did get one without the red enamel on it). They make some pretty bracelets
now too.

Melissa
IDDM 10 years; MiniMed pumper 6+ years