[IPk] re: Carbohydrate Counting

Hi Barbara,

 As others have said, if Danielle is going low a lot of the time, the likelihood
is that you need to tweak the insulin/carb ratio that you are using. We have had
to do this quite often for Sam - I guess this is normal for growing kids.

 He started on a rate of 32.6 for all meals. We currently use 23 for breakfast,
25 for lunch/afternoon & 23 for tea/evening - so you can see how much it can
change. We have also changed a few basal rates, but not to the same extent.

 Whenever we make a change, it's always a small one & we let it run for a few
days until we decide either to keep it or to change again.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes.

Father of Sam, 9 next week, dx Aug 1996
Minimed 508 Aug 2001