RE: [IPk] Turned Down!

I went directly to the PCT for support with both my
consultant and GP sending letters of support.  I too was
turned down initially (I think it is standard!).  I phoned
and asked them what the appeal process was and then sent off
a letter of appeal, followed by 3 more as I waited for the
appeal date.  I sent them copies of references supplied to me
by John Davies and in short bombarded them with phone calls
and information.  I think in the end they were only too glad
to fund my consumables and get me off their backs.  My
reasons for wanting a pump are different to yours (severe
night-time hypoglycaemia was my particular problem) but you
have a very good case.  Keep trying!!  John Davies can send
you copies of letters that have worked that may be a basis
for your appeal letter.

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader