Re: [IPk] Turned Down!

>Can anyone help  me with the issue of funding I have been iddm since 1999 and
>work in the ambulance service as a paramedic so good control to me is very
>important for my job.
Hi Steve,

I'm not sure what the appeals process is, post-Nice.  Does your
consultant say you need to stay on the pump?  I thought that was what
was needed, and then the PCT had to fund (but I'm sure John will tell
you exactly what the process is).

It sounds to me that you have a good case: a significantly lowered HbA1c
on the pump. Did mdi have any other drawbacks (e.g. more, or more severe
hypos, less ability to eat in a socially acceptable fashion, etc.).

The DCCT will give you the drop in % chance in each complication that
your drop in HbA1c means.  Do  not assume that those reviewing your case
are aware of the impact - on health or on the NHS finances - of

Best wishes to all,

(dm 30+, 508 1+)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)