Re: [IPk] Re: Question on lowering BG's

As someone who used to average in the low teens (!), and now averages in
the 7s, 8s or 9s (depending on my state of activity and health), I can
confirm that 'high' now feels 'high' at much lower bgs (12 now feels bad
for me).  But not, particularly the hypo level - mind you, I never was
at 5, much - only on the way to a hypo!

For the headaches, I find the 'cold cure' capsules much more effective
than paracetamol - not that I can remember having them much on the pump.
What I get now is tiny dip-in-and-out hypos that are resolved with a
tiny amount of CHO (2 dextrose tabs).

If you are finding that you are going hypo hours after eating, have you
tried altering your timing - or are you on the brink of hypo while
eating if you do that?

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, hba1c up from 6.9 to 7.8 yesterday, thanks to four
months of ear infections)

In message <email @ redacted>, Louis Anson
<email @ redacted> writes
>I am finding that the risks of running lower BG's are more
>frequent hypos and dull, thumping headaches.

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)