Re: [IPk] Re: Flying (again)

Hi Helen,

It's the insulin that needs a label.  The syringes, pen needles,
infusion sets and lancets don't, as far as I remember (I need to go back
to the website - this question was raised soon after 7/11 because while
insulin always comes with a pharmacy label, the infusion sets come
without labelling - although the packets are clearly labelled (Rx only /
advice of a physician) which shows that they _are_ for medical use.

>Pat, you say that you need a label. Would a pharmacy print these off so they
>would go on all the items? My pens aren't labelled as I got them from the
>DSN. I will make sure that these are in place this time. I didn't know that
>the last time. Thanks.
>Also, you say they try and keep the fact quiet that you may be carrying
>sharps? I can understand that but this was most definitely not my experience.

Their behaviour seems very odd to me - perhaps they were 'punishing' you
for being a bad passenger.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, not in security, per se - I'm in museums - which means
I get to think a lot about what people who want to steal or damage
cultural property do, and how to stop them ... 'a museum is a place
where you put a lot of valuable things in one place, and then invite
thieves in to see what your security is like'.  Also I have occasionally
worked as a courier.)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)