Re: [IPk] RE:Good News

Good luck on your pump trial. It seems that the PCT's are basically ignoring
the guidelines for now! I was told by the DSN here, who is fully supporting
my need for a pump, that the stance for our PCT is they will only part fund
pumps, if they are warranted, but not fully. I just found out the only other
person a pump in this area, who went on it last year due to being allergic to
all insulins, has had to part fund hers! I see my cons in May (no earlier
appt available) and intend to push things ahead then. Incidentally, can
anyone say how long it usually takes for a pump issue to go through a PCT? If
say, I wrote a letter and my consultant backed me in May, how many
weeks/months would it be before I got the pump? (If funding was successful).
Just curious.