[IPk] turned down!

if you are having to snack at times to prevent hypos due to long acting
insulin then a pump could help with weight loss ( as long as you don't take
advantage of insulin at the push of a button and regularly indulge in extra
food/ treats)
on the pump I have on occasions had salad for lunch with no carbs or just a
couple of ryvita ( not that I am overweight). Before the pump , even on MDI I
would find this difficult unless BG before lunch was way too high
If the consultant means that weight gain will occur as a result of improvement
in control then this is a very false argument against the pump. The pump
improves control without frequent hypos/ need for snacks. Often insulin
consumption is lowered. Your consultant's arguments are weak. Do you have many
hypos on MDI? are you having to snack frequently to prevent this?