Re: [IPk] air travel again

In message <000d01c2e9b5$6a5fa280$email @ redacted>, Abigail King
<email @ redacted> writes
>flew Cardiff Belfast recently.I was fine with outward journey as have had to
>have hand luggage searched beforeat cardiff and they were fine when I
>explained what my medical supplies were for,
>so feel at ease here
>  at Belfast International I denied carrying any sharp objects when asked.
>There were signs with lists of forbidden objects in hand luggage including
>syringes. No waivers saying unless accompanied by letter from doc/
>prescription label etc etc. why would anyone want to put a syringe in their
>checked in luggage. If it is medically necessary for them to inject any form
>of medication then it is surely important enough not to want to loose it.

When travelling for a long stay (weeks) I used to put the bulk of
syringes in the hold. I figured a week is long enough for the luggage to
be found, or supplies to be obtained locally.

'Hypodermic syringes' on the list is an abbreviation for 'Hypodermic
syringes (unless for medical reasons)'.  I always read it as such.
After the horrors of Guernsey Airport, I always assume that when they
ask 'do you have any sharp objects' they mean 'do you have any sharp
objects which you are not permitted to fly with'.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, Heathrow-Roma-Palermo -9 hours)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)