Re: [IPk] Laser Treatment

Hi Julian

There is a GREAT page at
http://www.bio.davidson.edu/Courses/anphys/2000/Smith/SMITH13.HTM which
talks about a number of different causes of DR (including hyperglycaemia).
There also seems to be some indication that long term diabetes (20+ years)
can greatly increase the chances of DR, simply because all kinds of things
get out of whack over time (and in fact angiopathic changes may be
occurring elsewhere in the body simultaneously but without evidence).

Hope that helps a bit ...