From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On
Behalf Of Diana Maynard
Sent: 09 March 2003 14:52
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Diaport?

Whenever my friends see me checking my blood sugar, I always say "I'm just
making sure I'm still alive". Which they understand. But the same people see
me giving a bolus at a meal, and always ask "so are you alive then?"
I'm also checking my blood sugar. However often I try to explain that my
beeping isn't telling me if I'm alive or not, they don't seem to get it.
having seen me test my BG. One of my friends, who's seen me hypo and all
sorts, was convinced one time when I was hypo and I'd turned my pump off
hence it was beeping every few minutes) that it was beeping to tell me I was
still low!!! I kept explaining that I'd turned it off so that my BG would go
back up, but she couldn't get it. And these are people with university
degrees, if not PhDs!