Re: [IPk] Diaport?

Hey Pat,

I get the same thing: 'And that measures your sugar levels automatically
too, doesn't it?' I always reply, 'That's the next step; if the continuous
blood glucose sensing technology, which is now available as a separate
system, is integrated with a pump infusion set, then that'll be possible.
That's being worked out, but nothing's on the market yet'. If people are
then like, 'Oooh, and all your problems would be solved if it could do
everything on its own!' I reply that I would want to have a manual override
switch in order to get my bg high enough for exercise, or I might fall over
when I go running, and that wouldn't be good. If they go, 'Oh, really?'
there begins the 30-second exercise physiology lecture.... :)

Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness--I guess--but why does
it have it have to be so dim to begin with??? Argh.

IDDM 9+ years; MiniMed pumper 6+ years