In message <email @ redacted>, Heather Bowler
<email @ redacted> writes
>(who is giving the PCT one more week and then I'm going to use Pat's
>suggested headline in the local press - hope that's OK Pat!)

Yes, of course!

I'm just catching up with 900 emails which came while I was in York, and
am so sorry I missed the question about the DLA tribunal.

First off: you are entitled to get some help in preparing for the
tribunal.  Call social services and ask what their support for Adults
with Special Needs is.

Second: document _everything_ - keep a journal in which you note times,
places, details.  It's a horrid system, which means that you have to
prove what you can't do, rather than supporting you to do everything
that you can do.  You might find it helpful to keep a parallel journal
(_not_ for public consumption) in which you can reflect upon the good
stuff. Use this to note days when you have great bgs all day, when
people ring you up to thank you for your work in the community, when
your children's teachers say how much they enjoy working with them, when
you cook something and it turns out brilliantly - whatever it is that
makes up your 'good stuff'  Good stuff is different stuff for different
people, but mostly, we don't celebrate it enough to ourselves, I think.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, reflective practitioner [good stuff watcher] 10+)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)