Re: [IPk] people who don't care

If physician colleagues see me testing at work, their reaction is
typically firstly to ask anxiously if I am feeling ok (evidently the
idea of regular routine testing during the working day was not current
when they did their training), and also just to back off and assume
this is something I would prefer to do privately (not sure exactly why
- not squeamishness though), even though I have always tried to make it
clear that I am well able and willing carry on a conversation or
whatever while testing (unless I really am hypo!).
I am working at trying to educate them!!
> Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:02:48 -0000
> From: "Abigail King" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IPk] people who don't care
> Lesley and Mary's comments re testing and injecting in front of
> medics amazed
> me. I know some people are squeamish but nurses and doctors...
> Did they react with disgust when their diabetic patients needed to
> inject/
> test? or did they have a no insulin/ test rule while in the hospital?

Do You Yahoo!?