RE: [IPk] Good News and Confusion!

I've had a lot of anecdotal evidence that warm baths, showers, jacuzzis etc
will lower BG, similar to warm weather, and although I've never experienced
my insulin "cooking" due to any of these activities, in 25 years of
pumping, I HAVE found that with the MiniMed (rather than the ancient pumps
in which I used actrapid diluted with normal saline), insulin *can* cook in
really hot weather (it's quite common for us here to have a number of weeks
of temperatures in excess of 35c).

That just means that I need to change my sites more frequently in warm
weather, but since I generally get 5-6 days from a site, I don't mind doing
that at all! (Yes, I'm a very bad girl, but wow, those things are expensive!).

I believe that heat of most descriptions causes faster insulin absorption
(hence lower BG readings), although I'm not aware of any studies into it.