Re: [IPk] Diaport?

email @ redacted writes:

> Anyone out there use the Diaport

Hi Nick,

I don't use the Diaport but was offered the opportunity to volunteer for a
study involving this product early last year.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it (sorry, guys) - studies too small,
complications far too high, "only for the desperate".  I declined, although I
admit that if my HbA1c had still been awful on the pump (over 9, say!) I
might have agreed.  Interestingly the study hasn't yet happened, to my
knowledge, because of several problems - I'm not privy to the details.

I have read all the (scanty) literature and papers I can find about the
subject (hard to come by, but Disetronic were very helpful). I also happen to
be a medic.

I am sorry to be so negative but I am not happy about the current evidence on
outcome of the procedure (including complications) and use of the device.

It is of course always your own informed decision.

IDDM 30+, 508 2+, cynical all my life (according to my mum)