[IPk] Re: Anyone in Scotland/Funding

John wrote

For your information to help with your fight for funding.

Regarding NICE Technology Appraisal Guidance No.57.
(The use of CSII {pumps}
for Diabetes)

The NHS Quality Improvement Scotland have stated:

"As no important differences were identified for this NICE
Guidance report,
NHS Quality Improvement Scotland advises that the
report is as valid for
Scotland as for England and Wales and no other
publications on the NICE
Guidance will be issued by NHS Quality Improvement

My understanding of this statement is that your Health
Boards have 3 months
to implement the guidance.

If you would like further information, please phone me on
01590 677911.

John Davis.

Hi John

Thank you for your help. I have just finished drafting a
letter to my health board as the last letter I received from
them stated that they would wait for NICE and the HTBS
to report before making any decisions regarding funding.
I have also pointed out that the HTBS was set up to
ensure that 'postcode prescribing' no longer goes on yet
it is clear from the website that it does exist for pumps.
The head consultant for diabets care in Edinburgh has
agreed to support me so I am keeping my fingers
crossed that I will eventually make progress.
I will call you if I need any more information,

Thanks again for your support