Re: [IPk] NICE

Just as a matter of interest - I have been advised by my PCT today that
until they receive a hard copy of the guidelines they are not obliged to act
upon them. Apparently it doesn't count if I take in a copy that I've printed
from the NICE website. Nit picking or what?!

(who is giving the PCT one more week and then I'm going to use Pat's
suggested headline in the local press - hope that's OK Pat!)

>From: "John Davis" <email @ redacted>
>To: <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IPk] Anyone in Scotland
>Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:57:49 -0000
>Hi Susan,
>For your information to help with your fight for funding.
>Regarding NICE Technology Appraisal Guidance No.57. (The use of CSII
>for Diabetes)
>The NHS Quality Improvement Scotland have stated:
>"As no important differences were identified for this NICE Guidance report,
>NHS Quality Improvement Scotland advises that the report is as valid for
>Scotland as for England and Wales and no other publications on the NICE
>Guidance will be issued by NHS Quality Improvement Scotland."
>My understanding of this statement is that your Health Boards have 3 months
>to implement the guidance.
>If you would like further information, please phone me on 01590 677911.
>John Davis.

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8, you can filter it out