Re: SV: [IPk] Good News and Confusion!

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 10:31, you wrote:
> Thanks to Ishtar and Beverley for bringing up the bg-lowering effects of
> hot water. I'd heard about the studies and sort of dismissed the findings
> as coincidental--but a few weeks ago I changed my tune.

Hi Melissa
I love Lush products too (though they are quite expensive).
I discovered the hot water thing (also hot sunshine) a long time ago - the
thing to be particularly aware of is if you have a meal and bolus and then a
hot bath soon after. Disaster!  Your Bg drops (at least mine does) and
because you're full of food being digested it takes ages to get your BG to go
up again.....

The scientific explanation is simply that heat increases the blood flow and
therefore speeds up the absorption of the insulin....