From: Klee, Nick [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: 03 March 2003 15:00
To: 'email @ redacted'
Subject: [IPk] BG's Gone Bonkers!

Hi All

I've been using my D-Tron now for 18 months or so, and had
been doing very
well.  Recently though (last couple of months) things seem to
have taken a
turn for the worse.  I have been on a daily basal of 13.6mmol
with a bolus
of 1u for every 15g carb.  This has worked for me pretty well
recently.  I'm now finding that regularly absorbed foods
(like potato,
chocolate, fruit NOT horrors like Pizza/pasta) don't seem to
be covered by
my 15g.  Example;

BG = 7.0
Inject 3u
Eat 1 sandwich with 45g carb
Test 2 hours later - BG 9u, 10u, 12u etc...

It's not just the food though; I'm waking up with much higher
BG's (10-12)
than I should.  I'm even finding that I'll wake myself at
3am, test and get
in the region on 12-14, take a corrective dose and then STILL
wake up with
high BG in the region of 10-12

Worse thing of all is I can't seem to find a pattern or cause
for this.  My
lifestyle hasn't changed.  I do find I'm very tired,
lethargic and crave
(REALLY CRAVE) carb like crisps and chocolate throughout the
day and evening
especially.  Whenever I find a high BG I take a corrective

This last week I have been feeling very ill (tired, achy,
headachy...sleeping a lot more).  I Was off work for all last
week.  I just
could not get out of bed....  I've found that to get anywhere
near normal
sugars I'm running my basal at 150% of normal.

Now I like to think that I'm a fairly well educated
diabetic...but this is
beginning to really get me down.  Why the big change - where
do I start to
get things back on track?  It has all started to seem
overwhelming so I'm
going in to a kind of denial and just "fixing" my highs when
I find them.
Also am I ill or is this just a result of my high BG's
etc......can I even
begin to start making regime changes etc....

Just ranting I guess, looking for a bit of encouragement and
perhaps sharing
of similar experiences or tips.

PLEASE READ: The information contained in this email is
and intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not
an intended
recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or take
further action in reliance on it and you should delete it and
notify the
sender immediately. Email is not a secure method of
communication and
Nomura International plc cannot accept responsibility for the
or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please
examine this
email for virus infection, for which Nomura International plc
no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought
then please
request a hard copy. Unless otherwise stated any views or
presented are solely those of the author and do not represent
those of
Nomura International plc. This email is intended for
purposes only and is not a solicitation or offer to buy or
securities or related financial instruments. Nomura
International plc is
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member
of the
London Stock Exchange.

Message Labs Virus Control Centre.

Registered in England No: 3763515