[IPk] BG's Gone Bonkers!

Hi All

I've been using my D-Tron now for 18 months or so, and had been doing very
well.  Recently though (last couple of months) things seem to have taken a
turn for the worse.  I have been on a daily basal of 13.6mmol with a bolus
of 1u for every 15g carb.  This has worked for me pretty well until
recently.  I'm now finding that regularly absorbed foods (like potato,
chocolate, fruit NOT horrors like Pizza/pasta) don't seem to be covered by
my 15g.  Example;

BG = 7.0
Inject 3u
Eat 1 sandwich with 45g carb
Test 2 hours later - BG 9u, 10u, 12u etc...

It's not just the food though; I'm waking up with much higher BG's (10-12)
than I should.  I'm even finding that I'll wake myself at 3am, test and get
in the region on 12-14, take a corrective dose and then STILL wake up with
high BG in the region of 10-12

Worse thing of all is I can't seem to find a pattern or cause for this.  My
lifestyle hasn't changed.  I do find I'm very tired, lethargic and crave
(REALLY CRAVE) carb like crisps and chocolate throughout the day and evening
especially.  Whenever I find a high BG I take a corrective dose.

This last week I have been feeling very ill (tired, achy,
headachy...sleeping a lot more).  I Was off work for all last week.  I just
could not get out of bed....  I've found that to get anywhere near normal
sugars I'm running my basal at 150% of normal.

Now I like to think that I'm a fairly well educated diabetic...but this is
beginning to really get me down.  Why the big change - where do I start to
get things back on track?  It has all started to seem overwhelming so I'm
going in to a kind of denial and just "fixing" my highs when I find them.
Also am I ill or is this just a result of my high BG's etc......can I even
begin to start making regime changes etc....

Just ranting I guess, looking for a bit of encouragement and perhaps sharing
of similar experiences or tips.

PLEASE READ: The information contained in this email is confidential
and intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended
recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or take any
further action in reliance on it and you should delete it and notify the
sender immediately. Email is not a secure method of communication and
Nomura International plc cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy
or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this
email for virus infection, for which Nomura International plc accepts
no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please
Nomura International plc. This email is intended for informational
purposes only and is not a solicitation or offer to buy or sell
securities or related financial instruments. Nomura International plc is
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the
London Stock Exchange.