[IPk] NICE Implications for Funding

I've just had a look at the web site Scotlands equivalent to
NICE (Health Technology Board) and have discovered that they
will be implementing the recommendations made by NICE without
For those with hypo unawareness it must be good news, however
I am disappointed that this is only the criteria for funding
as I have been extremely lucky never to have had problems
with hypo unawareness. I started the pump due to the dawn
phenomenon depsite trying numerous insulin regimens etc.. My
control has improved so much since starting the pump that I
can now wake in the morning pretty confident that my BGs will
not be sky high. My overall control has improved, I'm able to
do my job more effectively and my quality of life has
improved remarkedly.
Is it still worth me persuing funding or should I just accept
the fact that I will have to pay for my own pump and
supplies? Maybe I should give the new basal insulin a shot
but I can't imagine how I would cope without the flexibility
that a pump has given me.

IDDM 16 years, D-TRON 2yrs 9 months