Re: [IPk] NICE report and Diabetes UK/Balance

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 1:43 PM
Subject: [IPk] NICE report and Diabetes UK/Balance

> Just noticed that D-UK are rather noticable in their silence regarding the
> NICE report and infusion pumps in this months Balance.

I think this month's balance was out before the NICE decision. Still, it
would be interesting to see next issue

> Maybe this is why I left D-UK a few years back. I was paying quite a lot
> money out for their 'services' and getting nothing in return.

many of us on this list have been disatisifed with their conservative
stance, although it has to be remembered that they are dealing with T1 and
T2. What appalled me was hearing how pumps had been "dissmissed" by a doctor
attending a conference ( several parents on this list expressed
dissatisfaction re this a few months back)

I still think it is worth the membership. They certainly can be useful in
some circumstances. There was a letter and an article mentioning strips
being rationed, by some PCTs, this month and a contact nu mber if you have
this problem. You never know when they may come in handy and I am not sure
if any of the other diabetes charities are able to use their influence in
these circumstances