Re: [IPk] ealthy diet option for Type 2s

Hi Rohda,

I still think you haven't quite understood carbohydrate assessment.
E.g. if you normally have 30g CHO, which represents 60% of the calories,
can you have 30g CHO, representing 20% of the calories?  Can you have
60g CHO representing 60% of calories?  These things are dead easy if
you've got a basal/bolus regime, and type 1.  But the 'problems with too
many carbs' line suggests that type 2s can't do this, but have to stick
to '30g CHO, representing 60% of calories (or whatever works for them).

Does your book answer this question?

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, and if type 2 would probably ask for a pancrectomy - type 1's
much easier!)

In message <email @ redacted>,
email @ redacted writes
>Pat, sorry if I misunderstood you.
>In line with the UKPD findings I definitely would go the route of MDI
>as a Type 2 and yes then the carb assessment would have its place.  I
>have lots of Type 2 friends, who find the current BDA position of the
>pyramid way of eating with the majority of food from carbs, pushes
>their bgs up and consequently their insulin requirement up.
>Since so many Type 2s use insulin inefficiently and therefore can
>have higher levels of circulating insulin with associated cardiac etc
>risks, your friend could well benefit from what you are suggesting.
>At least that's my personal non-medical opinion :-)
>I still think she'd find that book useful.
>Best wishes
>P.S. COngrats to Ian on his tv interview re pumping.

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)