[IPk] ealthy diet option for Type 2s

Pat, sorry if I misunderstood you.

In line with the UKPD findings I definitely would go the route of MDI
as a Type 2 and yes then the carb assessment would have its place.  I
have lots of Type 2 friends, who find the current BDA position of the
pyramid way of eating with the majority of food from carbs, pushes
their bgs up and consequently their insulin requirement up.

Since so many Type 2s use insulin inefficiently and therefore can
have higher levels of circulating insulin with associated cardiac etc
risks, your friend could well benefit from what you are suggesting.

At least that's my personal non-medical opinion :-)

I still think she'd find that book useful.

Best wishes

P.S. COngrats to Ian on his tv interview re pumping.