[IPk] Have been on the pump since December 01

Hi there all  pumpers.

Well now I have been on the pump for four mouths now and I have to tell the
world that I am simply doing great.

After all the problems that we all go through in the first three mouth,
getting use to letting the basal rate to it's job and not being to scared
about it.

Meal Bolus not being to scared to give myself a good amount to deal with the
meal, and now two hours after my meal my reading are 7 to 9.

I go to bed with a reading of 5 to 7 and wake up with a reading of 4 to 5.

I can now miss a meal if I wish of maybe I have not had the time for one, or
if I am feeling a pig I can go ahead and bolus as needed and still get a
good reading two hours later.

In January 02 I saw my Diabetic Doctor At the London Whitechapel Hospital
and he was pleased how I was doing remember I had only been on the pump for
four weeks, and with confidence he told me that there is no reason to see
him till October 02 and said to me if there is a problem then I may get in
touch with them, and I said I will, and he wish me luck.

This Thursday 13 March I had my second visit to the Renal clinic the first
one was last year this time, ( remember I have only one kidney left and the
one that is left is playing up, Playing up means- Nephropathy- I had to ask
the Doctor how to spell this) well he was so pleased with my readings and
said that this is a good chance that the detraction of the kidney may very
well slow down, and I gave them a load of blood to test and he will let me
know how it is when he get the results ( this is why I got on to the pump )
so I may well be here for a good few years now.

Also my looks have changed, yes I am 52 now and one should expect a curtain
detractions with the arrival of old age, but my colleges at work ask me what
have I been doing? I look so good so well, my skin looks so conditioned and
some have said so loverly ( I have to take care here, being a manager I
would if there were after something from me like more pay or overtime) but
so many were saying it and I started to believe it.

So here I a message to all those who are wondering is they should go on to a
pump, well I  believe that pumps are a good thing for us Diabetic's and with
this control those of you that start off on a pump have a good chance to
live a life without the problem that are thrown on us that have started at a
later date.

So good luck and here's to you all. Donald