[IPk] What the police would do with your pump ....

Dear All,

My contact in Thames Valley has got back to me, and she says that the
police wouldn't know what to do with the manufacturer's address and
serial number.  But they would know what to do with UVID information:

"All and any property should be UVID'ed with postcode and house number
at the least. If there is room for a set of initials or a name, so much
the better."

And they do actually look for UVID'ing.

Best wishes to all,

(dm 30+, 508 9 months+, 'get a UVID pen' is number 3,406 on my list of
things to do [that means it's medium-high priority!])
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)