[IPk] human vs animal

My control was never as good when I switched to human 2 years after
diagnosis, but I suspect I had exceptionally good control for the first 2
years and then adolescence reared it's head.In my late teens I switched back
to pork as BGs were becoming very erratic, and things seemed to improve
although I'm not sure that this was wholly unrelated to increased motivation
as well.
Prior to going on the pump when control was absolutely c--- I switched back
to synthetic insulin mainly as I wanted to see how I'd get on with humalog
as it seemed this would be a good choice for the pump. My control did not
deteriorate although it remained poor.

CP pharmaceuticals still produce pork and bovine insulins and I think they
are wholly comitted to continuing animal insulins (I don't think they
manufacture human at all)
I don't know how suitable these are for pumps ( pork actrapid apparently is
not suitable and I think this applies to human actrapid as well although I
have met someone who uses it successfully in a pump.)