Re: [IPk] D Tron Power Packs

A few ad hoc thoughts about batteries...

They lose electricity while in storage. That is an unavoidable fact of
life. So new batteries (that means new from the factory, .not new from the
shop) will last longer. A deaf friend of mine tells it's well known in the
deaf community that in damp weather the electricty leaks out much faster
than in dry weather.

I get about 2 months from a set of batteries in my MiniMed 507. It uses bog
standard Energizer 357's. Interestingly in Germany - where I live at the
moment - I get all my batteries pre-packed in a box of MiniMed reservoirs.
MiniMed may well make a special effort to put very new batteries in the
boxes. I don't know.

Gwin - with your 508, it consumes extra power if you have the remote
control turned on on the pump, even if you never use it. You'll get a
longer battery life if you switch it off in the setup section.

Having said that, 18 days sounds like a drained set of batteries and you'll
good reason to report this to whoever sold you the batteries.

mailto:email @ redacted