I have my pump insured on my home contents policy.  it costs an extra #30 per
year and covers me for theft, loss, accidental damage and malicious damage by
anyone other than myself.  The company say that they would send a loss
adjuster to see me within 24 hours if anything did go wrong.  I trust the
company implicitly.  I dropped a computer monitor in 2000 and they provided
me with a brand new complete system within a week.