Re: [IPk] UVID

> I might be being really stupid here but does anyone know if its ok
> to UVID pumps, I know the Met set it up to mark mobile phones but I
> was given a UVID pen this morning by a policewoman and thought it
> would be a good idea to mark my pump in the unlikely case it got
> stolen.  Good idea or another one of my useless thoughts?

The pumps all have serial numbers. The pump companies are required
to keep permanent records of which pump belongs to each individual,
it is part of the regulatory process in case a recall is needed. This
makes it very easy to get a pump back to the person it belongs to
or for law enforcement to determine if a pump is stolen.