Re: [IPk] Pump in hot climates

My pump has been with me to Queensland Australia, Singapore and
Thailand.  All hot & humid climates.  I kept my spare insulin, pen etc in
a Frio pouch for travveling and in the minibar or fridge once there.
Didn't take any precautions with the pump except to put it under the
sunbed in shade when hanging by the pool.  Everthing was fine.

Hope you enjoy Cuba!

>From: "Richard Walsh" <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: <email @ redacted> >Subject:
[IPk] Pump in hot climates >Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 23:18:35 -0000 > >Hi
all, > >I have he goo fortune to be heading off to Cuba for a couple of
weeks. I am in >my third month with the pump and have not been abroad
with it yet - does >anyone have any advice about carrying the pump in a
hot climate. With the pen >I used one of those 'Frio' pouches which were
excellent - is it necessary to >use an equivalent for the pump? I have
got my first HbA1c back since starting, >6.0! I'm delighted, mostly
because this comes at less of an expense in terms >of hypos compared with
before. >Thanks, >Richard