Re: [IPk] Canula Change time!!!

>I also find that changing a set just before a bolus means that there's a lot
>of insulin going in soon after you've inserted the set, which seems to kind
>of kick-start it. I don't know if there's any scientific evidence behind
>that, but I know other people have found this too.

Might a partial explanation be that it is simply replacing insulin
"leaking" from the old infusion set wound?

Given that you can't always predict how much is going to leak, I find it
safer to leave the old one in for a few hours. There is an increased risk
of infection if the old infusion set is in but not infusing insulin - so
you should limit it to just a few hours. But that's not a major problem for

mailto:email @ redacted