[IPk] Infections

I've only been on the pump for a few weeks. I'm using the Tender cannulas.

How often should I expect infections? How common are they?
I suppose it depends upon bg control and how carefully you stop dirt getting to the site and how regularly you change the infusion set?

 How do i know when/if it's infected? and what should I do if it does get infected (apart from the obvious, remove it)?

thanks liam