Re: [IPk] Canula Change time!!!

>Can anyone suggest to me a reason why my bg shoots up considerably when I
>change my canula.  This carries on for about twelve hours after a change
>and I'm always wondering if the cannula is inserted correctly, blocked
>etc.  This is obviously not the case because it rights itself after twelve
>hours (ish).  The rise is steady and usually peaks at about 10 -12 over
>what it should be....

Certainly get your pump support team to check you have got all the basics

One extra trick I use is to leave the previous infusion set in place for an
extra 3 or 4 hours after I've put the new set in (provided its uninfected
etc). This prevents any unabsorbed insulin from the old site from leaking
back out through the old wound. This can be significant in some people. And
it's why we shouldn't change infusion sets soon after a bolus - as some of
the unabsorbed bolus may leak back out.

mailto:email @ redacted