Re: [IPk] Db UK Professional Conference

Not too late, as it happens. I'm planning to go just for the day on
Wednesday. I didn't register, because you can register when you arrive. It
is a professional conference, and strictly so because the companies who pay
a lot to have stands advertise their drugs aggressively, and it is illegal
for them to do this to a non-professional audience. Having said that, the
rule doesn't exclude a whole range of 'profesionals' in diabetes, indeed
D-UK try to make it multi-disciplinary, hence nurses, dieticians, social
workers and many other non-prescribers are welcome. Anyone working in the
healthcare field, or with diabetes 'organisations' would be acceptable
(although I haven't fully checked the documentation on that point).

Having said all that, it's not a very enjoyable experience, even for GPs
like me! The research presented tends to be quite scientific, and the main
reason I'm going is for a seminar on quality and IT in the evening. Still,
if it turns you on...

The cost is around stg# 200. Check the website, www.diabetes.org ,
professionals, APC...

If you are there on Wednesday lunchtime, give me a call on 00 353 87 263
0442 and we could all get together for a natter?

Tony O'Sullivan