[IPk] Canula Change time!!!

Can anyone suggest to me a reason why my bg shoots up considerably when I change my canula.  This carries on for about twelve hours after a change and I'm always wondering if the cannula is inserted correctly, blocked etc.  This is obviously not the case because it rights itself after twelve hours (ish).  The rise is steady and usually peaks at about 10 -12 over what it should be....