Re: [IPk] Which Hospital do I use?

Dear Colin,

The trial sounds like a great idea (but you need to be looking for
funding to keep going - and if you don't have the excellent results some
of us get in the first few weeks, your timing will be off).

Don't worry about MDC not being in your area.  If they would support you
if you were in their area, they'll support you out of area (after all,
it's your own authority, not theirs, that is going to be paying). But
you will have to do the work of convincing your authority to accept
their word that you need a pump, and your GP that he or she can pay for
you to go to MDC.

Best wishes,

>I spoke to the Manchester  Diabetic Centre, and was told that most of the
>that are using insulin pumps are self financed by themselves. Even if they
>can get funding for some of their patients it would not be fair to supply
>out of area patients when some of their own need funding.
>Manchester Diabetic Centre are doing a study with people who suffer from
>Neuropathy, where they put you on a pump for 4 months to see if they benefit
>from it.
>I have to get my consultant to write and agree with the study, to go on it,
>which I think is promising.
>Colin Prior

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)