Re: [IPk] Which Hospital do I use?

In my opinion, this is a good start,  because I would assume that once
you have proven that a pump benefits you on the grounds of 'clinical
need'  then you have a case to apply to the NHS for funding.  My son is
out of the area for Manchester Diabetes Centre but his funding comes
from our local health authority and is passed on to them.

>I spoke to the Manchester  Diabetic Centre, and was told that most of the
>that are using insulin pumps are self financed by themselves. Even if they
>can get funding for some of their patients it would not be fair to supply
>out of area patients when some of their own need funding.
>Manchester Diabetic Centre are doing a study with people who suffer from
>Neuropathy, where they put you on a pump for 4 months to see if they benefit
>from it.
>I have to get my consultant to write and agree with the study, to go on it,
>which I think is promising.
>Colin Prior

Alison Orchard