[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: [IPk] Which Hospital do I use?

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 15:37, you wrote:
> Hi Di
> I am attending North Manchester General Hospital under, Dr Wiles.
> Dr wiles has asked the Health Trust to finance the pump and was told there
> is no money in the purse to finance Insulin Pumps.
> Colin

Hi Colin
I see. In that case I guess even if you went to the Manchester Diabetes 
Centre, you'd fall under the same LHA, so it wouldn't actually help you. In 
that case, either you have to look for a hospital outside the Greater 
Manchester Health Authority (or whatever your LHA is called), or you have to 
consider financing it yourself.
You might want to check though whether they will fund the consumables, if not 
the pump. Although it seems as if the pump itself is the greater cost, in the 
long term, it's the consumables which cost far more. Sometimes the LHA will 
pay for consumables but not the pump itself. By consumables I mean things 
like the infusion sets and reservoirs.
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
help SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml