Re: [IPk] Re: 24 hour sensor

I don;t know if there are any different ones marketed yet, but I can see
they do need improving It would be great if they could gine you ones with
instant readout, Good luck with the 508 and let us know how you get on
with the remote control Carmel

>From: Diana Maynard <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re:
[IPk] Re: 24 hour sensor >Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:11:06 +0000 > >On
Wed, 21 Mar 2001, you wrote: > > I was given a 24hr sensor prioe to pump
therapy and I would say to anyone > > MAKE SURE IT STAYS CONNECTED mine
disconnected and I phined for advice > > and reconnected it however i was
not told that it had to be really > > coonected very tightly so a lot of
the data was lost, I never saw the > > results they had I was just told
they were high, I may be going on a > > trial of a different one in april
so it will be interesting to see the > > difference carm > >A different
one? That's interesting - I didn't know there was more than one >type.
Was it the Minimed one? >Thanks for the warning about the disconnection!
> >I've just spoken to the clinic and I can pick up my Minimed 508
tomorrow! >Hurrah! They were waiting to fix up some training before
they'd give it to me, >but to be honest, I can't see any particular need
for going through the whole >training procedure (with the people who are
starting on a pump for the first >time) just to change from a 506 to a
508. Unless anyone else has any >convincing reasons why I should. >Di