Re: [IPk] Re: 24 hour sensor

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> I was given a 24hr sensor prioe to pump therapy and I would say to anyone
> MAKE SURE IT STAYS CONNECTED mine disconnected and I phined for advice
> and reconnected it however i was not told that it had to be really
> coonected very tightly so a lot of the data was lost, I never saw the
> results they had I was just told they were high, I may be going on a
> trial of a different one in april so it will be interesting to see the
> difference carm

A different one? That's interesting - I didn't know there was more than one
type. Was it the Minimed one?
Thanks for the warning about the disconnection!

I've just spoken to the clinic and I can pick up my Minimed 508 tomorrow!
Hurrah! They were waiting to fix up some training before they'd give it to me,
but to be honest, I can't see any particular need for going through the whole
training procedure (with the people who are starting on a pump for the first
time) just to change from  a 506 to a 508. Unless anyone else has any
convincing reasons why I should.