In message <004801c0b063$26c88420$email @ redacted>, Hilly Beattie
<email @ redacted> writes
>Morning everyone, hope it was a quite, stress free weekend!
>Aquestion for those who have experience with Guy's Hospital, I know Pat goes
>there but not sure about others...anyway, it's just that I was under the
>impression that Guy's did not have a pump unit at the clinic but when I went
>to their web site it says they do run one. Pat et al, whats the real story?
>Hilly (going to the shops with 20.1 blood and high ketones but we must have
Guy's have been claiming since 1997 that they have a pump unit (at least
by the sin of omission - they have not been telling people who have gone
to them specifically for a pump that they don't run a pump clinic (at
least, in my case).

Since 2001 they have been running one.  Or rather, they have been
training up their staff and gradually putting people onto pumps.  I
believe they have 3 or 4 on now (I'm number 5, and I start in April).

Not a great track record.  I hear better things of Kings. However, it
seems to me that what pumpers really need is the support of a trainer
(who comes from a company, not the hospital) and their own intelligence,
not a clinic.  Many of the people on this group got a pump with little
or no clinical support.  Of course, they might be doing even better if
they had a great clinic.

Best wishes

(who goes off to work with a bg over 20 a couple of times a week).

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)