Re: [IPk] Re: no funding for my pump

Hi all I have just received a letter from my GP stating that the PCG are
refusing to fund my pump on the grounds that lots of patients pay for
aids and appliances and if they fund me it may set a precedent for other
patients. They make you feel guilty for even asking . Hiw do I respond to
that? Carmel

>From: "Ian Grant" <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: [IPk]
Re: Funding >Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:45:51 -0000 > >Ingrid, >I fear you
may have misunderstood the point I was trying to make. >I have been on a
pump for nearly 20 years. For the first 12 years >Guys >Metabolic Unit
provided all supplies. When they dropped funding the >pump >prog. the few
remaining patients (all of whom had volunteered for >various >research
projects - some more painful than others!)were "given" >their pumps >and
details of where to purchase supplies. Since then I have been >buying
>supplies despite various attempts to get different Health >Authorities
to >pay. To date I have failed in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and most recently
>here in >London with Westminster & Kensington AHA. >I move to the
Borough of Tower Hamlets next week, so I will let you >know how >I get
on. >As a smoker I have never believed that patches/gum are any use.
>Either you >want to give up or you don't - but at least you have a
choice. Hence >my >tongue in cheek comment! >Trust that clears the point
and I wish you a good weekend (it being >4.45pm >Friday). >Ian Grant