[IPk] Re: Funding

I fear you may have misunderstood the point I was trying to make.
I have been on a pump for nearly 20 years. For the first 12 years Guys
Metabolic Unit provided all supplies. When they dropped funding the pump
prog. the few remaining patients (all of whom had volunteered for various
research projects - some more painful than others!)were "given" their pumps
and details of where to purchase supplies. Since then I have been buying
supplies despite various attempts to get different Health Authorities to
pay. To date I have failed in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and most recently here in
London with Westminster & Kensington AHA.
I move to the Borough of Tower Hamlets next week, so I will let you know how
I get on.
As a smoker I have never believed that patches/gum are any use. Either you
want to give up or you don't - but at least you have a choice. Hence my
tongue in cheek comment!
Trust that clears the point and I wish you a good weekend (it being 4.45pm
Ian Grant