[IPk] Re: Funding

Dear All,
All this debate re funding brings two thoughts to mind:

1) I note that us smokers are to get patches/gum et al on prescription but
still no help for pumps or the supplies. I guess the powers that be treat
IDD as a "voluntary condition".

2) As I understand the position in USA the Insurance companies pay for Pump
therapy. This would only happen on economic grounds ie in the long term it
will be cheaper to treat IDD with pump therapy (where appropriate) because
of long term benefit. I think someone noted earlier in this debate that NHS
in UK only budgets to the end of next week. Hence the problem.

Ian Grant